Waiting for You


When will you act on the vision that God gave you?


We all know the tale of Jesus’ first performed miracle.  He and his mother Mary go to a wedding that runs out of wine, at which time, she says to him, “they have no more wine”. He responds, “woman, why do you involve me? My hour has not yet come.” Looking upon the servants, she says, “do whatever he tells you.”

This week, I want to talk about doing what God told you.

When I started this blog, the vision of this ministry was clear. After all of the young women I’ve counseled over the years; seeing all those around me who are still so confused about purpose, relationships – how they work and the role they play in laying hold of the promises of God, I just wanted a place where we could break those things down into small, more easily digestible pieces.

I really didn’t have full regard for how this blog would or could fit into God’s plan for my life. I wasn’t thinking about Romans 8:28 and how “all things work together” for my good. I was thinking about your good. As you read this piece, or any other piece that I’ve written/will write. I was thinking about how difficult it can be for us to see ourselves sometimes, until our predicament changes context or is presented from a different perspective.

I have learned and truly believe that everything in this walk with God is about relationship. Not just our relationship with Him, but our relationship with one another.

By looking at John 2 the way that we always have, we can only see the miracle performed. For some people, turning water into wine isn’t altogether inspiring. It’s awe-full to watch, and we may wonder how it works, but it pales in comparison to the very prospect of causing a blind man to see or a lame man to walk.

So, what if I said to you that in re-reading that chapter this morning, turning water into wine wasn’t actually the miracle in that text for me. Again, turning water into wine is important, perhaps even impressive, but for me, what was more important was the spark.

In the same way that for you, this blog is just another blog, for Jesus, that water just became wine. This is where relationship comes in. Jesus didn’t see His moment, his mother did. He caught the spark because she directed Him to it.. She took the first step.

The miracle comes in knowing when to act.

Do you have any idea how many lame men, blind people, and dead things Jesus must have encountered on His journey? Yet, the Bible tells us only of a select few - that’s because the power of the miracle is in timing and the presence of relationship.

A few weeks ago, I wrote about breakthrough and the parable of the lame man in Mark 2, whose friends delivered him to Jesus to be made whole. The miracle in that moment wasn’t Jesus causing a lame man to walk, it was those four men getting their friend to Jesus. You have to align yourself with your miracle and that requires forward movement!  Those four men took the first step necessary to seeing a man who had never walked, take his first step; and that’s the power of Jesus turning water into wine. The wine doesn’t matter, it’s the step that makes all the difference.

Jesus knew his purpose, but felt that His time had not yet come. Without his mother coaxing him into that first step, how long would we have had to wait for all of the many miracles of God?



If you know that the actualization of purpose begins with a single step, when are you going to take yours?


A dream is just a dream until you act on it and purpose is never truly purpose until actualized. How long ago were you told of the promise? Most of you know what God wants you to do, but you won’t move on it. You’ve spent years of your life stuck, planning, and preparing for the promise, waiting for your moment, believing that your “hour has not yet come”, when what we really need to do is act! God wants to see you move. Once you do, you’ll realize that you wasted so much valuable time waiting for a moment that was waiting for you.








Follow Me as I Follow God
@RevealingRuth




No comments:

Post a Comment